The motherboards are divided into two modules – Motherboard I and Motherboard II. In motherboard I, we will focus on Motherboards and its components; and in the Motherboard II, we will cover Expansion Buses.
At the end of this module you will be able to
- Describe how motherboard works?
- Able to identify types of motherboards and its components
- Know what chipset is and chipset varieties available in the market today
- You will be able to install a motherboard into a case
- And finally, know what are the common motherboard problems and how to troubleshoot them
This module will cover the following topics:
- The computer motherboard building blocks
- Micro-computer systems architecture
- Microcontrollers and their applications
- Form factors
- Sockets and CPUs (not covered here in depths)
- System Bus
- Slots and ports
- Installing a motherboard - a video